"Epoch" & "Epoch Evolution" - spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leovinus

Over the last two nights, I watched these two movies. The first one was satisfactory enough. The idea was cool. But the robot with 10 fingers being able to rotate was just too much. And the stupid military shooting at anything that moves was just too cartoonish. When I finished with the movie, I felt that the story was written by a high-schooler with the special-effects being done by adults. I have a hard time believing that lining up the planets in their present orientation would work to open a door. For one thing, I don't think Pluto would count as a planet to whatever aliens built the darned thing. And Pluto's orbit is so far from circular that having it part of a circular puzzle seems stupid. Another example of poor writing.<br /><br />And when the story started with the female lead wah-wahing over not being able to conceive, didn't you just know that she'd be pregnant by the end of the movie?<br /><br /><br />Ok, so we make it to the second movie which takes place 10 years later. Lo and behold, two more of these things pop up. BTW, does anybody wonder why there is no gaping hole in the ground after the things pop up in either movie?<br /><br />Once again, the stupid military enter the object carrying guns. Of course, one can forgive that mistake the first time in the first movie. And of course it didn't like being shot at so you'd think that the stupid military would not take guns in or at least instruct the assault team not to shoot. But nooooooo.<br /><br />Now why-o-why did the assassin choose the inside of the second thing to perform the hit? He had ample opportunity to take the guy out while he was walking around at the camp only yards from him.<br /><br />The Americans had a plan to bury the Russian object by setting off a nuke underneath of it and having the thing fall into the newly-created cavity. I have to question the reasoning behind this because the thing is levitating itself with no visible means of support anyway. Just more stupid military <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts