Please comment on your impressions with Meade ETX 125

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BReif

Hello all:<br /><br />I am on the verge on making a decision to purchase a telescope, and the one that I am looking at seriously is the Meade ETX 125, 5" Mak-Cas. I am hoping that some of the users who may have experience with this telescope could give me their impressions of it, what are its pros and cons, etc. How would you rate the overall quality of the instrument? <br /><br />I am interested in it because of the balance between weight, size, and portability. I am wondering, is it relaible, are the optics quality, is the GOTO computer reliable, or are there inherent problems, and how is Meade with service if something should go wrong.<br /><br />Thank You for your time in reading and responding to this post.<br /><br />Bryan

B

BReif

crazyeddie:<br /><br />Which Celestron 8" SCT would you recommend?<br /><br />Bryan

B

BReif

I am finding that the reviews of the Celestron SCT Nextar 8i are very encouraging. it seems from the different reviews on "Cloudy Nights" and other review websites that the 8i's optics are above very good to excellent, that it does very well in giving good to excellent contrast on planetary targets, as well as being a great DSO scope as well. The GOTO will help with finding objects in my more suburban light polluted sky where star-hopping is difficult, even with a good pair of binoculars.<br /><br />Reviews for the ETX 125's optics were also high, but the review of the drive motor was not.<br /><br />Can anyone else share their insights on the Celestron Nextar 8i, or experiences with it, especially the reliabilty of the GOTO computer and drive motors?<br /><br />Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts