Speculation on new TV show 'Reaper'

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunsandrockets

New TV show Reaper, just watched second episode which was so-so. I hope the show keeps up with the quality of the pilot episode which was pretty entertaining. Anyway...<br /><br />The show plays as brainless comedy, but I think there is more going on -- an actual story arc!<br /><br />According to the pilot the main character had his soul sold to the devil by his parents before he was even conceived. Parents tried not to concieve after agreeing to devils bargain, but the devil tricked them into conceiving anyway. Parents reveal awful truth on kids 21st birthday when the devil's payment is due. All very funny and it makes the parents blameless too, so it keeps the show light and frothy.<br /><br />Supposedly the devil wants this kid, that the devil went to so much trouble to create and control, for the simple purpose of being a 'bounty hunter' to catch souls who have escaped from Hell. This sets up the 'monster of the week' basic episodic nature of the show. But come on, a bounty hunter? I can guess the real plan of the devil, and tonights episode planted another clue.<br /><br />The slacker main character of the show has a love interest who is clearly beyond his level in every way except current employment. Despite this mismatch she is pretty cool and weirdly enough seems to like him anyway. The Devil, swell guy that he is, even helped the main character spend more time with her at the end of tonites episode. Yeah, right. Can you say, evil plan?<br /><br />It slipped out in the pilot episode that the love interest has a missing father -- boo hoo! Missing? Yeah, right. It's clear to me who her real father is ---- the Devil himself! Ah ha, now it all becomes clear. The real reason for the devil to control the main character is not to possess some low rent bounty hunter, but to insure the union of the Devil's unholy spawn with a son of adam, to get his devil daughter hitched to the right soul. Maybe to birth the anti-christ?<br /><br />Why tonights episode even s

M

mcbethcg

Still loving the show.<br /><br />Even without the supernatural stuff this show is great. This is the first show I have seen, BTW, in which they have things from the perspective of someone in retail with a give-a-s$$t attitude. The jerk boss who cant really fire anyone because he can't find replacements at minimum wage. It's realistic. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.