Why are spaceships always seen on Earth?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

And the proof you have the star depicted is an alien spacecraft is????

Nada. Zero. Zilch.

J

jim48

Well yes, everyone knows that Christ was an alien. I've seen paintings in which he has the splayed pinky fingers, just like The Invaders on tv, and when he died his body glowed red and disappeared, just like The Invaders... a Quinn Martin production. I'm sure glad my pastor doesn't hang here, and as much as I hate to admit it I, like Wayne, spend a lot of time looking at the night sky and I have yet to see anything I can't explain. Go figure. Other people get to see UFOs!!! :(

B

bobster1

jim48":3sdzcxoj said:
Well yes, everyone knows that Christ was an alien. I've seen paintings in which he has the splayed pinky fingers, just like The Invaders on tv, and when he died his body glowed red and disappeared, just like The Invaders... a Quinn Martin production. I'm sure glad my pastor doesn't hang here, and as much as I hate to admit it I, like Wayne, spend a lot of time looking at the night sky and I have yet to see anything I can't explain. Go figure. Other people get to see UFOs!!! :(
hi jim,just interested in both you and wayne's overall opinion on UFO's then if i could ask?you both clearly know what your talking about and i'd like to know where you stand on it,even just for my own education :D i personally think maybe the human brain can't comprehend anything so advanced so we're flogging a dead horse trying to understand??that's not to say i dont believe mind you ;)

A

Antwerpo

GraemeH":4dtprhnx said:
Very true, but the odds of an astronomer noticing the background star field occultation, referred to in my original post above, is astronomically small (excuse pun). Even if reported, the event would probably be considered an erroneous observation as it would unlikely be repeated and be put down to an owl/bat/insect/plane/weather baloon passing infront of the observers field of view.

I would agree if earth wasn't the JFK airport of our solar system. 'Aliens' seem to be flocking to Earth in hordes, like one big tourist attraction.

V

vladdrac

For advanced 'intelligent technological species' the birth of a new one is like the birth of a baby brother, the most disadvantaged must naturally require the greatest attention :lol:

Z

ZenGalacticore

vladdrac":ho9qwf2i said:
For advanced 'intelligent technological species' the birth of a new one is like the birth of a baby brother, the most disadvantaged must naturally require the greatest attention :lol:

What if they're like eagles? Oh okay. That's what you're saying.

(It is true that sometimes you have these flairs of genius; and then you metamorphasize into a complete ******.)

Are you sure we're not related?

V

vladdrac

You are absolutely correct. Sometimes I look at what I've written and then I want to crawl under a rock. Maybe its to remind us of the wisdom of 'advice and consent'....or why there should never be any such a thing as a dictator. :lol:

J

jim48

bobster1":3i4w2ilu said:
jim48":3i4w2ilu said:
hi jim,just interested in both you and wayne's overall opinion on UFO's then if i could ask?you both clearly know what your talking about and i'd like to know where you stand on it,even just for my own education :D i personally think maybe the human brain can't comprehend anything so advanced so we're flogging a dead horse trying to understand??that's not to say i dont believe mind you ;)

Welcome to SDC, Bob! As the only real, genuine, bonafide, rip snortin', honest-to-God scientist here, I shall be happy to answer your questions in a really, really, really, really, really, really, really kewel and scientific way, scientifically speaking, of course. ;) Uh, um... Could you repeat the question? :?

B

bobster1

jim48":1rxe22mt said:
bobster1":1rxe22mt said:
jim48":1rxe22mt said:

Welcome to SDC, Bob! As the only real, genuine, bonafide, rip snortin', honest-to-God scientist here, I shall be happy to answer your questions in a really, really, really, really, really, really, really kewel and scientific way, scientifically speaking, of course. ;) Uh, um... Could you repeat the question? :?
just basically what your views are on UFO's jim ;) on the few posts of your's i have read it seems you don't believe they have ever been here and,as i say,you know what your talking about so i'm just being nosey!? :p

Y

yevaud

ZenGalacticore":2333fa8m said:
(It is true that sometimes you have these flairs of genius; and then you metamorphasize into a complete ******.)

Vlad speaks in analogy and metaphor frequently. To date, I appear to be the sole person who "gets it," and can translate (usually).

M

marsandro

:cool:
I don't know his location (enlighten me?), but perhaps MeteorWayne
doesn't live in a "hot zone." Some areas just flat don't have any
activity to speak of.

Try the area north of Barksdale AFB on a summer night sometime....
:D

Or pretty much any large lake....
:mrgreen:

A

a_lost_packet_

yevaud":3idzcefc said:
ZenGalacticore":3idzcefc said:

Vlad speaks in analogy and metaphor frequently. To date, I appear to be the sole person who "gets it," and can translate (usually).

I frequently rely on your timely translations of vladisms.. You should work in the U.N. or something.

(You're "that guy" in the meeting that everyone looks at when the person who is speaking say's something that nobody else understands...)

M

MeteorWayne

marsandro":2xmh01vg said:
:cool:
I don't know his location (enlighten me?), but perhaps MeteorWayne
doesn't live in a "hot zone." Some areas just flat don't have any
activity to speak of.

Try the area north of Barksdale AFB on a summer night sometime....
:D

Or pretty much any large lake....
:mrgreen:

I know, it's so shocking there would be unusual lights around an AFB :eek: :shock:

M

Mee_n_Mac

yevaud":inp5zs3o said:
ZenGalacticore":inp5zs3o said:

I think you should translate Vladisms into .... Confucianism's.

No real good reason, just sounds like it would be fun.

A

Antwerpo

Can someone explain why amateur astronomers can detect the ultra secret X-37B spaceship but no UFO's?

A

Archer17

Antwerpo":2xm3r5yp said:
Can someone explain why amateur astronomers can detect the ultra secret X-37B spaceship but no UFO's?
The answer is in the first letter, the 'U.' Folks whose hobby is looking skyward tend to be less inclined to see something that baffles them. Think about it -- if there was more to "UFOs" than it just being a case of something unidentified to a particular observer(s) then it stands to reason that astronomers, both amateur and professional, would see more "UFOs" than your average Joe.

D

duluthdave

Antwerpo":r5hhj4x2 said:
As an amateur astronomer who has seen a UFO, I'm rather skeptical about the premise of your question. But I'll do my best to give you a serious answer anyway. For one thing, although the Air Force didn't reveal the details of the X37B's orbit, factors including the time and place of it's launch still gave amateur astronomers a rough idea of where it is. In other words, they had a starting point from which to begin their search that they wouldn't have with UFOs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they observed multiple passes over an extended period of time, and that is what allowed them to verify they were seeing the X37B and calculate it's exact orbit. If UFOs are ET spacecraft (and yes, I know that's a big "if") they would have a far more advanced propulsion system than the X37B or anything else we've put into LEO. And if that's the case, we can't assume they'd stay in the same orbit long enough for astronomers to observe multiple passes and verify what they're seeing.

V

vladdrac

You have no idea how many alien adventure cruise line companies there are, out there. :shock: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts