Introduce yourself! (And show us your swag)

Page 8 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Heeeeeey 😄

Tomas here! Just discovered this community and I love it!

Outer space has always gravitationally attracted me as Jupiter would do on planet Earth & co, but what really excites me is the use of space borne data to enhance our defense and security.. I am currently writing a dissertation on synergies and loopholes of a potential European Space Defence Policy.. an idea truly thrills me 🤯

This community is certainly an asset for my work too.. so many updated and terrific info about our solar system and beyond! Love it

Reactions: ilovespace2024
Zephaniah Chesterfield. I'm a cartoon clown, or that's the common perception. Reluctant frontman of a band which barhops and gigs through what is known and unknown (but nothing is unknown, only unrecognized or "not clearly defined", which I say because everything has an expression and in most cases a word) and on an inevitable path to the point where thinking, understanding, and believing settle at their root point of knowing and being. That's just me being honest to a degree. I guess my space swag would be my presence. lmao.

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I am Yalcin , Medical Doctor specialized in Urology and working in a research and training hospital in Adana district of Türkiye.
I am interested in astronomy since childhood.. Now, since a decade , could spare time for astronomy after a hard working period in my profession.
Besides reading and following up-to date e-news of various facilities I 've been subscribed , I enjoy astrophotography in terms of DSO and wide field skyscape , whenever I find a clear sky and time. I own a 10 in Newtonian reflector and a 3.5 in refractor on a German equatorial mount, however I 've limited my camera choice only by DSLR . I share my photos in Astrobin and Astronomy Forums, Telescopium..
Thanks for your reading

Jun 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm Christina and I work for KFC as Lead Prep and team trainer for new hires-for now. Since I was a little girl, I was always told I had my head in space...news flash! I wanted to be a NASA Astronaut to be one of the firsts to man a mission to Mars. Life happens and you can get derailed, so you adjust right? I love being outside at night on a cloudless, moonless night to stargaze in the middle of nowhere outside of Ithaca, NY. I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to utilize heavy water as not only a source of power but also as a shield against radiation. So here I am looking for like-minded people to become friends with and talk about space. Apparently in my family wanting to go to space makes me odd!? Aside from a few people I'm a person who prefers the company of animals.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Hi everyone! I'm Christina and I work for KFC as Lead Prep and team trainer for new hires-for now. Since I was a little girl, I was always told I had my head in space...news flash! I wanted to be a NASA Astronaut to be one of the firsts to man a mission to Mars. Life happens and you can get derailed, so you adjust right? I love being outside at night on a cloudless, moonless night to stargaze in the middle of nowhere outside of Ithaca, NY. I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to utilize heavy water as not only a source of power but also as a shield against radiation. So here I am looking for like-minded people to become friends with and talk about space. Apparently in my family wanting to go to space makes me odd!? Aside from a few people I'm a person who prefers the company of animals.

Hi SpaceWoman75, welcome to the forum. You have probably found the right place.

Have a look at the existing threads, but also look at the wealth of discussion which has taken place. If you have a particular question, use the search function, to see what has gone before. Post thread to ask your question, if it is new, or reply to an existing thread.

Enjoy!

Cat :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sward
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Hello All,
I'm John who graduated from the University of Michigan (Go Blue) with an Aerospace Engineering degree way back when. At the cost of dating myself I will say my orbital mechanics professor - Dr. Harm Buning - taught astrophysics to the original Mercury 7. I remember hearing Sputnik, watching Shepard fly on the Redstone and the Moon Landing. I hope to live long enough to see the mars landing. I am sure the video quality will be spectacular.

COLGeek

Hello All,
I'm John who graduated from the University of Michigan (Go Blue) with an Aerospace Engineering degree way back when. At the cost of dating myself I will say my orbital mechanics professor - Dr. Harm Buning - taught astrophysics to the original Mercury 7. I remember hearing Sputnik, watching Shepard fly on the Redstone and the Moon Landing. I hope to live long enough to see the mars landing. I am sure the video quality will be spectacular.
Welcome to the community. Have fun!

Reactions: Dianad
Oct 9, 2022
Visit site
Hello, my name is Attila Aszalos I am a handicapped 59-year-old gentleman who received his Eagle Scout rank in May of 1984. I am interested in keeping up to date on what is happening with outer space missions, i.e. the Hubble telescope , ISS & so on. So I thought that this might be a good way to be able to do so & get to know other people who are interested in the same things at the same time.

Reactions: Helio

COLGeek

Hello, my name is Attila Aszalos I am a handicapped 59-year-old gentleman who received his Eagle Scout rank in May of 1984. I am interested in keeping up to date on what is happening with outer space missions, i.e. the Hubble telescope , ISS & so on. So I thought that this might be a good way to be able to do so & get to know other people who are interested in the same things at the same time.
Welcome to Space!

Nov 24, 2022
Visit site
I am in the UK, I am 73, and grew up with the space programme. After jumping though a few jobs I joined the British Army in '71. In '94 I left the Army and went into a couple of jobs in the Security sector. After reading a great ebook from NASA called Beyond Earth By Asif A. Siddiqi I realised that the so called space race never really happened; it was propaganda, from both sides. I have been with space.com for a long time, and now the forum. Some of the posts are highly technical but I try and understand. My nickname is a Yorkshire phrase (where I was born). I now live in Sutton Coldfield after arriving here on my last posting.

Reactions: Dianad
Dec 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi, my name is Rod. I retired in early January 2016 and really enjoy stargazing as well as solar observing using a white light solar filter tracking sunspots. I use a 90-mm refractor and 10-inch Newtonian on a dob mount. I am new to the Forum but enjoy space.com reports and posts. On the 18th, I was out near 2300 EDT and observed a meteor flash by as I viewed M45 using the telescope. Perhaps it was an Orionid, rain and clouds this morning for me at the peak. Back on October 4th, I enjoyed seeing Saturn's shadow on the rings as the planet approached eastern quadrature. It was a great, 3-D view in my 10-inch!
Hi Rod, good to see some others on here that are older than the millennia space team!
I've spent my life watching the skies as well as the rest of nature.
Am an artist, former free Lance journalist, among many other things. (College instructor, worked with young, wild mustangs) & lots of photography.
Spent lots of time roaming & experiencing the west.
Can hardly wait for the new Space internet...but am surprised at the costs to us, as it has been told to be "affordable".
Diana (now back in the South East)

Dec 29, 2022
Visit site
I think the first time I ever heard about ball lightning was in an episode of the X-Files. I could be incorrect, but that was where I first linked the phenomenon with UFO stuff, though I know now that was a pretty common thing back in the 70s and 80s.

Diana d here, Yeah, I hear about most ball lightning in swamps & the southeast part of the country.

Latest posts