Moon Landings Faked? (and all other space mission fakery)

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
S

Smersh

Re: And LRO photographs Apollo 14 lander *from orbit*

robotical":1w5zvhjk said:
Smersh":1w5zvhjk said:
I'd quite like to answer that point, but I don't know the reason, (unless they are not going in a different direction because the shadows in the craters are coming from the walls on the left, with sunlight on the right of the crater floors.) Any ideas, anyone?

That would be correct, the sunlight is coming from the left of the picture. The right rims of the craters are illuminated as one would expect, while the left rim is in shadow.

This is one thing that really annoys me about moon conspiracy theorists, most of their objections can be answered with a basic knowledge of science (not even high school).

Thanks a lot Robotical. Yes, it doesn't really take much thinking about to figure it out. (In fact, I figured it out just after I had finished my question in my previous post! :lol: )

Whatever, hopefully the next pictures from the final mapping orbit with the higher resolution will be considerably clearer.

S

SpeedFreek

Re: And LRO photographs Apollo 14 lander *from orbit*

Smersh":23lpjkir said:
Whatever, hopefully the next pictures from the final mapping orbit with the higher resolution will be considerably clearer.

Yes, the pictures posted so far are simply the first, low resolution pictures taken as LRO approaches the Moon. We are promised far better pictures to come! :)

M

MeteorWayne

Re: LRO photographs Apollo 11 lander *from orbit*

The LRO is currently in it's 60 day commissioning orbit, which is 30 X 216 km, with periselene over the south pole, so over the Apollo landing zones it is at least 100 km high.

The final polar science orbit is a 50 km circular orbit.

A

aphh

jim48":sf33vhe5 said:
$24 billion, hundreds of thousands all across the country working on Apollo, that would be some cover-up! They were able to keep the Roswell crash secret for 30 years through intimidation and oaths. It was an extremely short list compared to covering up a faked moon landing.

There probably were moonlandings that took place in a soundstage, while the actual moonlandings were underway. And with a short list of names aswell.

Don't ask me why, I would not know. Perhaps it was a backup plan in case no pictures or signal could be received from the Moon.

I don't know. For me it has always been obvious *we* (=Earthlings) went there. But I am not sure if we know or understand the reason why we really decided to go.

I think the real coverup is the so-called "space race". Soveits wanted to go desperately, but couldn't. There's more than just ideological hegemony. :cool:

There is something on the moon that is so secret and so precious, that we can not simply be allowed to learn about it. I think a killer blockbuster movie could be made based on this assumption.

This current "space race" is motivated by advances in space technology, that seem to make it possible for non-government entity to reach the Moon. This is why the governments need to get there first.

T

teamzr1

Re: LRO Images of Apollo Landing Sites!

Being I am 58 years old and was glued to the TV for all those so called landings I was always 50/50 questioned as did we in fact land men on the moon

After seeing these lousy quality images, the fact NASA saying "see here is the proof" and that in all those sites they point to just one having some tracks says they have been caught cold.

We all remember all the missions that had the moon rover and how much dust and tracks, how they used to do spins and drove in many directions YET not one of those images shows that.

Even if they have better quality images all that would show is man made objects was there but nothing shows proof man himself was there.

If we in fact made that many landings it would be simple and done quickly to return as all the experience and knowledge NASA had from 1960s and 1970s.

So either we blew billions of dollars, had several men die back then and forgot everything or as it looks it was a con job and who today believes anything or anyone tied to the feds ?

Z

ZenGalacticore

Re: Moon Landings Faked?

Welcome to SDC teamzr1.

Three questions for you:

Why didn't the Soviets speak up about it if we faked the moon landings?

Do you believe the Soviets were in on the 'conspiracy'?

And last but not least, WHY WOULD WE FAKE IT SIX TIMES?

R

RonMaverick

Any other proof?

Hello I was just wondering now that India, Japan and China have instruments on the Moon have they taken pictures of the flag or any of the hardware left behind by the United States? I am not sure if any of them have a camera or not but does anyone know if any other country has scanned the site? Since we have topography maps and all now I don't recall seeing anything like that..

M

MeteorWayne

Re: Any other proof?

None of the other county's cameras have had sufficient resolution.

This post will be moved to the Moon Hoax thread in the Unexplained.

A

abq_farside

Re: LRO Images of Apollo Landing Sites!

teamzr1":3nca4t87 said:
Being I am 58 years old and was glued to the TV for all those so called landings I was always 50/50 questioned as did we in fact land men on the moon
So either we blew billions of dollars, had several men die back then and forgot everything or as it looks it was a con job and who today believes anything or anyone tied to the feds ?

Please feel free to post one item that you think has not already been thoroughly debunked yet. Just one. Or is this just another hit and run post?

edit: typos

M

MeteorWayne

abq_f

PLEASE do not hold your breath while waiting for a response :)

A

abq_farside

MeteorWayne":3nqzt121 said:
abq_f

PLEASE do not hold your breath while waiting for a response :)

Yeah I know - but I would like to see one at try to give up something. But much like a couple of threads in FS, it will really not matter how much truth is out there, they just keep saying: "..but, but, but, what about....<enter your favorite issue here>".

C

CalliArcale

RonMaverick":1mskw77q said:
Hello I was just wondering now that India, Japan and China have instruments on the Moon have they taken pictures of the flag or any of the hardware left behind by the United States? I am not sure if any of them have a camera or not but does anyone know if any other country has scanned the site? Since we have topography maps and all now I don't recall seeing anything like that..

In addition to the lack of resolution mentioned by MeteorWayne (LRO is the first spacecraft to be able to see the descent stages themselves), I'd like to add that the flags will have been severely eroded. They're normal nylon flags, same as you'd get at your local Target or Walmart, and nylon doesn't hold up all that well when in sunlight for 40 years (well, 20 years really, since half of that was nighttime). At the very least, they will have been bleached, and most likely the fabric itself has fallen apart. It's the UV radiation that does it.

The Lunar X Prize is encouraging private corporations to build a robotic spacecraft to travel to the Moon and image Tranquility Base.....

K

Kerberos

CalliArcale":3nef0fns said:
It's the UV radiation that does it.
Or is it the wind and sand of the Arizona desert?

A

aphh

RonMaverick":2g9dgwjr said:

No government would release any material without permission from U.S. administration. The One World Government is already pretty much operational and the threat of getting nuked for spilling the beans would not help either.

It is up to some private tycoon to create a mission to moon to obtain first hand evidence. Although many believe such mission would encounter severe problems that might even prevent such launch altogether.

There is just something on the Moon that makes it out of reach.

S

SpeedFreek

I would not trust a private tycoon, how do we know he isn't part of the conspiracy too? In fact, if they put me in a spaceship and sent me to the moon, and I saw the apollo 11 landing site, how do I know it has not been put there more recently? How do I know they haven't drugged me and hypnotised me into thinking I went to the moon and saw the landing site? And even if I did actually go to the moon now, it could never prove that we sent men to the moon back in '69.

Any photo can be doctored, any witness can be persuaded to lie, any evidence can be planted. Nothing less than witnessing something as it actually happens will do. But even that might have been an hallucination.

In fact, how can I be sure you exist?

O

OmegaOm

With the new pictures it is pretty much closed. Man went to the moon. It does not make sense to keep the conspiracy going. Dont some of you people realize that people make money off creating these conspiracy theories. Just like the 2012 scenario, or Mars going to be big as the moon. If they didnt go to the moon, they wouldnt be able to keep it a secret for long. Even if there was a 1 world order, still the secret and evidence of it would leek out. They cant even keep a new movie from being pirated before it hits the theater. All the arguments against the moon landing can be explained. The Van-allen radiation belts are penetrable by man. An inch of stainless steel would do the trick. I must admit though, that even though I could argue against most of the arguments against the moon landing, I did become uncertain, until these photographs came in. Sure these photographs can be altered, but it would be worse for NASA to lie again now. We will have satellites from many countries imaging the moon soon. Nasa knows this. If they lied again, they will never again be trusted by the people, and therfore will get less money from the people. Science works by evidence. As of now the evidence strongly supports the moon landing. As of the conspiracy theory of Bush's people doing 911 on purpose, that is one I believe because the evidence strongly supports that they did, or at the very least the evidence does not support what Bush claimed happened.

B

brandbll

It's just a giant souped up weather balloon that floats around the Earth.

M

Mee_n_Mac

SpeedFreek":2b1sf38x said:
I would not trust a private tycoon, how do we know he isn't part of the conspiracy too? In fact, if they put me in a spaceship and sent me to the moon, and I saw the apollo 11 landing site, how do I know it has not been put there more recently? How do I know they haven't drugged me and hypnotised me into thinking I went to the moon and saw the landing site? And even if I did actually go to the moon now, it could never prove that we sent men to the moon back in '69.

Any photo can be doctored, any witness can be persuaded to lie, any evidence can be planted. Nothing less than witnessing something as it actually happens will do. But even that might have been an hallucination.

In fact, how can I be sure you exist?

Yup it's all part of a big dis-information campaign. All the people whoever looked at the "Moon" have really undergone a memory implantation process just like shown in Total Recall. In fact the movie was made just to mock anyone whose implantation didn't stick. You exist but you aren't who you really are, err, used to be. The Moon itself .... just a false memory, a recurring self delusion.

Yup that's the truth.

As best as I can remember .....

S

Smersh

Heads up here, to warn about the latest nutty theory by the hoax believers about the "fake" moon landings. It's now being said that Stanley Kubrick directed the Apollo "fake mission productions" when he fancied a new challenge after completing Dr Strangelove ...

http://jayweidner.com/AlchemicalKubrickIIa.html

Seems the above article was written to coincide with the 40th anniversary. :roll:

M

mental_avenger

Conspiracy: NASA, Planet X, and the Moon

It is time for NASA to end the charade and tell us the truth. We didn’t go to the Moon. We went to Planet X which is on the far side of the Sun from the Earth. To cover up the Planet X-peditions, NASA perpetrated a hoax on the whole world by pretending to go to the Moon. Then, in order to complicate the conspiracy to make it more difficult to discover, they surreptitiously started the “Moon Hoax” rumor. With the two sides busy trying to convince the other what did or did not happen on the Moon, no one every even suspected the real missions were to Planet X.

OK NASA, time to fess up.

V

Vodka_Resupply_Mission

This topic would be funny if it weren't so sad. Ahh, hell, it's funny too. Like the people who believe primitive humans once rode dinosaurs like cowboys ride horses.

Remember when Buzz Aldrin smacked a guy in public for claiming something about a fake? I'm against violence, but man, if anything so stupid ever deserved a punch in the nose...no, I take that back--Buzz shouldn't have decked him.

He should have sent him to the moon and rubbed his face in his bootprints. Just kidding, but it is kind of funny, the extremes people use to profess ignorance. Quite a talent. I'd be a regular Ray Bradbury if I could write such fiction.

S

SpeedFreek

Vodka_Resupply_Mission":93izldxt said:
Remember when Buzz Aldrin smacked a guy in public for claiming something about a fake?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4[/youtube]

Yup! Bart Sibrel deserved everything he got! :lol:

A

aphh

Smersh":2qtzytch said:
Heads up here, to warn about the latest nutty theory by the hoax believers about the "fake" moon landings. It's now being said that Stanley Kubrick directed the Apollo "fake mission productions" when he fancied a new challenge after completing Dr Strangelove ...

Seems the above article was written to coincide with the 40th anniversary. :roll:

Thanks, there are actually more info on the net about Kubrick's connections with NASA.

The reason why the shadows look weird in many of the Apollo images is because at that time it was very problematic to create a powerful enough point source of light. So the light had to reside pretty close to the actors, and this creates inconsistent shadows, just like illustrated in the linked article on page 4.

Yes, the images from Apollo are mostly a photojob, for whatever reason.

C

CalliArcale

Smersh":3owi386r said:

Actually, that's not a new claim. They just dusted off an old claim in time for the 40th annivesary. ;-) I don't recall when I first read the claim that Kubrick had helped fake the Moon landing, but it was definitely years ago.

S

Skibo1219

To all you {global ad-hom removed} that jump on newbies for posting a question thaqt may appear stupid to you, {Profanity filter bypass removed}. just because you are "sick" of hit and run questions/posts of anything that contradicts "your" beliefs does not give you any damn right to jump on them. Did it ever occur to you that your {profanity filter bypass removed} attitude drove them away from this site. I am very interested in this subject field but seeing Wayne "OVER-moderating posts" is really a put off and censorship violates any amendment rights to speak freely (cursing aside)
To the who posted about the bible, it is not fake and even if it is (so what?), and people want believe it is, who are you to say they don't believe in god? I believe in god and also believe that the bible was seriously manipulated by the catholic church in its quest for religous dominance, after all how many institutions can mass kill people (inquisition ring a bell?)and get away with it? All for thier non-belief in the bible too.

Clavius.org has lots of doublespeak and dancing around a few questions but not all. Fake or not the era of moon landings was the distraction needed to take focus away from all the other CRAP that was going on at that time, the cold war and the vietnam war and the {profanity filter bypass removed} with Nixon and anything else that needed to get covered up back then.

Anyone who thinks that "our government" wouldn't intentionally create a conspiracy to cover another conspiracy really needs to wake the hell up and remember, you elected those {profanity filter bypass removed} in Washington that created the public and secret agencies that do the cover-ups for them.