Moon Landings Faked? (and all other space mission fakery)

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
M

Mee_n_Mac

Re: Moon Landings Faked?

Skibo1219":3i4o2oem said:
To all you {deleted} that jump on newbies for posting a question thaqt may appear stupid to you, {deleted}. just because you are "sick" of hit and run questions/posts of anything that contradicts "your" beliefs does not give you any damn right to jump on them. Did it ever occur to you that your ____ attitude drove them away from this site. I am very interested in this subject field but seeing Wayne "OVER-moderating posts" is really a put off and censorship violates any amendment rights to speak freely (cursing aside)
To the who posted about the bible, it is not fake and even if it is (so what?), and people want believe it is, who are you to say they don't believe in god? I believe in god and also believe that the bible was seriously manipulated by the catholic church in its quest for religous dominance, after all how many institutions can mass kill people (inquisition ring a bell?)and get away with it? All for thier non-belief in the bible too.

Clavius.org has lots of doublespeak and dancing around a few questions but not all. Fake or not the era of moon landings was the distraction needed to take focus away from all the other CRAP that was going on at that time, the cold war and the vietnam war and the BS with Nixon and anything else that needed to get covered up back then.

Anyone who thinks that "our government" wouldn't intentionally create a conspiracy to cover another conspiracy really needs to wake the hell up and remember, you elected those {deleted} in Washington that created the public and secret agencies that do the cover-ups for them.

Less caffeine ... more Prozac.

J

junkheap

aphh":2g26v43g said:
The reason why the shadows look weird in many of the Apollo images is because at that time it was very problematic to create a powerful enough point source of light. So the light had to reside pretty close to the actors, and this creates inconsistent shadows, just like illustrated in the linked article on page 4.

There are no inconsistent shadows in any of the photos. All shadows in all of the photos are consistent with a single point source of light 93 million miles away.

J

junkheap

Skibo1219":28tp16cb said:
...and censorship violates any amendment rights to speak freely (cursing aside)

This forum isn't run by the government, it's a privately owned forum. The mods can censor whatever they want. :roll:

S

Skibo1219

Meh. Maybe that comment was a bit much to say. :evil:

M

MeteorWayne

Now that the profanity has been cleaned up, since I assume it is I that you are ranting at, I will reply.
In reality, other moderators may decide that your offenses warrent a temporary ban, but I won't do that since your irrational ire seems to be aimed at me. BTW, if it's aimed at the other Wayne, please clear up that point :)

Skibo1219":2ni7nmmd said:
To all you {global ad-hom removed} that jump on newbies for posting a question thaqt may appear stupid to you, {Profanity filter bypass removed}. just because you are "sick" of hit and run questions/posts of anything that contradicts "your" beliefs does not give you any damn right to jump on them.

Actually, any poster here has the right to jump on any idea they want to. That's why it's a discussion board. And yes, many users here are sick and tired of "hit and run" posts. We are an intelligent discussion board, and such posts, while permitted, are darn annoying. Do you know what the definition of hit and run posts is? It has nothing to do with contridicting ideas...rather it is new users who come in, post a pile of garbage, then never come back to discuss the issue.

Did it ever occur to you that your {profanity filter bypass removed} attitude drove them away from this site. I am very interested in this subject field but seeing Wayne "OVER-moderating posts" is really a put off and censorship violates any amendment rights to speak freely (cursing aside)

Lots of foolishness in 2 sentences. First of all, if users are driven away by having their ideas challenged, then SDC is not the place for them. Ideas get challenged here all the time. That's how people learn.

You accusation that I "OVER moderate" posts is patently false. I never (well, your profanity filled post was an exception) moderate posts. I do moderate the various forums to keep the discussion on topic; both in reference to the subject of the forum, and that posts are related to the discussion of the topic in the thread. Like it or not, that is the function of a moderator.

There is no censorship here, merely redirection into the appropriate places for discussion.

As for the talk of amendments, perhaps you should actually read the Bill of Rights. It says:

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Notice the part (which I highlighted for your edification) that it refers to Congress passing laws, and has nothing to do with a privately owned bulletin board. With that said, SDC is quite tolerant of "off the grid" theories and opinions. A lot of other sites bansish such foolishness. Here, we tolerate it, but in in the appropriate forum, and either discuss it or make fun of it, as is our right.

Clavius.org has lots of doublespeak and dancing around a few questions but not all.

It is quite apparent you have never really read through the site (it takes quite a few hours, and requires you pay attention). There is no doublespeak, just a clear analysis of the hoax clains with undeniable refutation.

Fake or not the era of moon landings was the distraction needed to take focus away from all the other CRAP that was going on at that time, the cold war and the vietnam war and the {profanity filter bypass removed} with Nixon and anything else that needed to get covered up back then.

Anyone who thinks that "our government" wouldn't intentionally create a conspiracy to cover another conspiracy really needs to wake the hell up and remember, you elected those {profanity filter bypass removed} in Washington that created the public and secret agencies that do the cover-ups for them.

Fake or not? You rail against the point of this topic, yet say fake or not? :roll:

Hey I'm no big fan of govenment coverups. I grew up during the Nixon era!

But the level of conspiracy required to protect a moon hoax, involving hundreds of thousands of people, dozens of governments (including the Soviets, who had the means to discover, and the motive to expose a US hoax) makes the whole idea of a hoax totally absurd.

Wayne (Meteor Wayne, that is)

C

CalliArcale

You just need to keep your language clean and not insult other members. We don't censor ideas here; we're adamantly against that. However, we do need to make sure everybody has a fair chance to speak their mind, and that means making sure people play nice together. Thank you for your cooperation.

D

drwayne

One final point. It is mentioned (in a couple of different ways) in the "Community Guidelines" that moderator actions are not to be discussed / debated within the forums. The Guidelines indicate how concerns can be legitimately raised, and those procedures should be followed.

Note that this applies not only to discussions of specific incidents/moderators, but also to general statements of the
form:

"The moderators here engage in widespread ..."

"Moderator XYZ has been unfairly targeting me .."

If you have a concern, raise it through the identified channels. It will definitely be heard and acted upon as warranted.

Thanks,

Wayne

K

KickLaBuka

Ideas get challenged here all the time. That's how people learn.

Here here, Wayne. Cal's right too. We all slip up on our emotional side. I went crazy once; off the wall, saving the world, loony.

M

MeteorWayne

Skibo1219":3q0plhq1 said:

Naah, other than the fact that your profanity laden rant made you look foolish, it was fine :)

K

KickLaBuka

Astronomers should be the highest respected scientists of all. How and what happened behind closed doors during the cold war. Then thirty-five years later, when somebody asks why, you don’t go to the blind astronomer that risked his life for his country—for the betterment of science, no less. Balony. Real, fake, reactionary coverup, who cares? Today is 23JULY2009, and every astronomer from every capable country in the world has served his country and his earth to the upmost.

S

Skibo1219

Apologies to all for the profanity, it was uncalled for and only 1 comment was directed at MeteorWayne, which is also unfounded, sorry. The rest of "you" was just a generalization. Everytime I visit new boards that I want to be part off, I see people attack hit and run posters, and it does happen everywhere you go there is no denying it. What I find, offensive is that established members attack a prospect, so what if they only post once a week or once a month, its just downright rude to attack them, no matter if they leave the discussion unfinished or not.

Yes I was a "tad" miffed, since everything is open to discussion how about everyone stop flaming those with different opinions and beliefs? I did spend quite a lot of time at Clavius.org and read about a third of the pages and went thru several pics and really looked at them. If it appeared that I railed against the topic, it was unintentional. There is a lot of evidence that can be looked at and explained many ways, and if the source is not 100% forthcomming in explanations that always leaves doubts in my mind. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. Now that my face is full of pie, anyone want some? :twisted:

S

Skibo1219

MeteorWayne":2azwl4fv said:
Skibo1219":2azwl4fv said:

Naah, other than the fact that your profanity laden rant made you look foolish, it was fine :)

Man, I put a lot of energy into that rant, boy am i tired. :lol:

V

Vodka_Resupply_Mission

One reason I kind of sort of like this site is becacue the Gods keep out most of the wankers while keeping the best of free ideas sacred. And if that isn't what it's all about, then f me. :D

A

aphh

junkheap":37lvdzr2 said:
There are no inconsistent shadows in any of the photos. All shadows in all of the photos are consistent with a single point source of light 93 million miles away.

I've studied the Apollo moon images a bit and for me it's obvious there was a photojob.

For example, in Apollo 11 images there are no vistas or backgrounds at all in the images. Vistas and sceneries only appeared in later missions, as if the imaging techniques got progressively better.

This is most likely a created illusion, that technology got better for later missions allowing larger shots to be taken. In reality the cameras used were the same, so in actuality it was the techonology for the photojob that improved allowing different foregrounds and backgrounds to be used for a image.

D

davcbow

aphh":8kgxkn4q said:
junkheap":8kgxkn4q said:

I've studied the Apollo moon images a bit and for me it's obvious there was a photojob.

For example, in Apollo 11 images there are no vistas or backgrounds at all in the images. Vistas and sceneries only appeared in later missions, as if the imaging techniques got progressively better.

This is most likely a created illusion, that technology got better for later missions allowing larger shots to be taken. In reality the cameras used were the same, so in actuality it was the techonology for the photojob that improved allowing different foregrounds and backgrounds to be used for a image.

Well study on guy, I had 3 family members that worked for NASA back in those days, 1 at NASA Langley, VA and 2 others that worked at JSC and 1 of those 2 worked in mission controll itself, all 3 are retired now but the moon landings were real, nothing was faked at all peroid. So you keep on wasting your time trying to prove your imaging techniques and I will sit back and laugh at all of it.... Just my 2 cents.... :cool:

M

MeteorWayne

aphh;
Perhaps you should consider that the first 3 missions were basically engineering tests, which landed in the flattest and safest places possible, and where they could only travel walking distance; that which could be covered in an hour or so.

The last 3 missions landed in more challenging terrain, and had a vehicle that allowed them to travel to craters and more mountanous areas....hence the "vistas"

MW

A

aphh

davcbow":q2tm59yr said:
Well study on guy, I had 3 family members that worked for NASA back in those days, 1 at NASA Langley, VA and 2 others that worked at JSC and 1 of those 2 worked in mission controll itself, all 3 are retired now but the moon landings were real, nothing was faked at all peroid. So you keep on wasting your time trying to prove your imaging techniques and I will sit back and laugh at all of it.... Just my 2 cents.... :cool:

Debating whether the flights actually happened is simply distraction. The real question is why would the images be faked, what would be the reason to recreate the event for images?

For me the enthusiasm about the Apollo mission was lost as soon as I learned about the very strong Free Mason aspect, that was involved. You might be interested in learning, that besides the U.S. flag, they also planted a flag of the Free Masons.

I don't believe in secret societies, and especially I am allergic to secret societies controlling governments.

A

abq_farside

aphh":190qk0uu said:
......I learned about the very strong Free Mason aspect, that was involved. You might be interested in learning, that besides the U.S. flag, they also planted a flag of the Free Masons.

Do you have a reliable link to that claim?

Edit: formatting

C

crazyeddie

davcbow":3gb47png said:

My parents both worked for Teledyne Ryan, the company that built the radar system for the LEM. As a child, I also watched the Pregnant Guppy aircraft carrying sub-assemblies of the Saturn V rocket regularly take off from Lindbergh Field here in San Diego. There were hundreds of companies involved in the Apollo project, and hundreds of thousands of employees. The notion that it was all a hoax would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. These conspiracy theorist people need to get a life!

N

netarch

What was the goal?

What was the goal? If the government (NASA) faked the landings, then to what purpose did it serve? What was the "return on the investment"? Enriching all those contractor corporations? Perception of power of the puppet masters?

Further, can any of the hoax proponents give any valid, testable theories on how 400,000 individuals working on the Apollo program could have been so kept in the dark. What, did they kill whistleblowers? How were we able to keep the Soviet Union quiet at the time? Imagine the PR the Reds could have gotten if they exposed it all as a fake - with "undeniable proof". But it didnt' happen. What you guys do is posit some "secret one world government" as the root cause. It's just more babble that can't be proven.

It's one thing to have an opinion on something, but to take something like this on faith it, in itself, becomes a religion. When the de-bunkers come around and point out all the fallacious arguments and present fact, all we get is either misdirection, or silence.

And the Masonic flag? It wasn't planted - however it is possible that, since a flag was presented to a Washington-area lodge, that it was, as reported by Hoagland, that it was carried by Armstrong to the moon. So you believe all the mumbo-jumbo about the Orion star alignments? Given the "allowable" error that Hoagland used, I'll bet one could come up with a "hit", such as Pollux, Procyon or Aldabaran over some significant structure or geological feature somewhere on Earth on many lift-offs, splash-downs, injection burns, etc. on the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Spacelab, STS or ISS missions. The shear numbers of possibilities - statistical chance - says it's gonna happen with a high probablility.

A

aphh

abq_farside":205oljpj said:
Do you have a reliable link to that claim?

Edit: formatting

Yes, I do:

buzz-masonic-flag.jpg

A

aphh

SpeedFreek":39tqo5lh said:
Yup! Bart Sibrel deserved everything he got! :lol:

Only a distressed and agitated person would react like that to the claims of a "nutjob". Why was Aldrin agitated?

N

netarch

Proof?

I call misdirection, aphh!

You said - and I quote - "You might be interested in learning, that besides the U.S. flag, they also planted a flag of the Free Masons." Yet as undeniable proof of your assertion, you post a scan of a picture of Aldrin presenting a Masonic flag to a fellow Mason. That is not proof. As I stated earlier, at best it suggests that Aldrin brought a Masonic flag with him on the mission. That's all. You're reaching conclusions without supporting evidence. And that, my friend, is bad science.

S

SpeedFreek

aphh":yryz7uiu said:
SpeedFreek":yryz7uiu said:
Yup! Bart Sibrel deserved everything he got! :lol:

Only a distressed and agitated person would react like that to the claims of a "nutjob". Why was Aldrin agitated?

Aldrin was agitated because, even though he was one of the first men to walk on the moon, years later he is being accused of helping to perpetrate a hoax, and he lost his temper when Bart Sibrel directly accused him of being "a liar and a coward". Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

N

netarch

Re: Proof?

netarch":1c89l23d said:
I call misdirection, aphh!

You said - and I quote - "You might be interested in learning, that besides the U.S. flag, they also planted a flag of the Free Masons." Yet as undeniable proof of your assertion, you post a scan of a picture of Aldrin presenting a Masonic flag to a fellow Mason. That is not proof. As I stated earlier, at best it suggests that Aldrin brought a Masonic flag with him on the mission. That's all. You're reaching conclusions without supporting evidence. And that, my friend, is bad science.

And I'm waiting for someone to pop up and assert that the cover of Hoagland's Dark Mars book is the proof... :mrgreen:

Latest posts