STS-120/10A

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erioladastra

I thought I would kick off the new thread for this upcoming mission...this will be an interesting mission with the installation of Node 2 and the relocation of P6.<br /><br /><br />Looks like a new launch date of 8/26 will become official soon.<br /><br />Also I didn't see any discussion of it but there has been a crew switch, Michael Foreman was recently replaced by Stephanie Wilson.<br />

S

SpaceKiwi

I can't wait for this mission to proceed. While the solar array missions are quite spectaular visually, I personally don't think you can top the adding of more interior volume to Station.<br /><br />Do you know the reason/s behind the crew switch? Wilson has been very fortunate to get such a quick return to space. That has got me thinking about the fastest turnaround for a NASA Astronaut. I'll do some digging on that, but anyone is welcome to suggest some candidates for the title. (or the holder of that distinction for that matter) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

B

bpcooper

Actually the reflight was STS-94, not 85.<br /><br />Foreman has been reassigned to 123. They noted Wilson and his switch a press-release announcement on the 123 crew a couple of weeks ago.<br /><br />As far as reflights, Paul Lockhart flew on STS-111 and 113 just five months apart in 2002. He replaced Gus Loria who was injured I believe. They chose Lockhart because the two flights were almost identical and he had the recent experience. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

E

erioladastra

"Do you know the reason/s behind the crew switch? "<br /><br />Private reasons. But for Wilson - they probably needed someone well trained in robotics who could start very late in the training flow.<br /><br />"you can top the adding of more interior volume to Station"<br /><br />True - though it won't trully get added until October. Until its relocation forward of the lab by the increment 16 crew it will be little more than closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.