STS-123 (1 J/A) Mission thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

<p>Refined launch time is 2:28:14 AM EDT (06:28:14 UT)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Z

Zipi

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Refined launch time is 2:28:14 AM EDT (06:28:14 UT) <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV><br /><br />Damn... I will be travelling at train by that time. Well, I guess launch reruns has to be enough at this time. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Damn... I will be travelling at train by that time. Well, I guess launch reruns has to be enough at this time. <br />Posted by zipi</DIV></p><p>L-12:00:00</p><p>Coming up on planned hold at T-6:00:00<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

N

newsartist

<p>Where will 'Jules Verne' be in relation to Endeavour's path into the station?</p><p>Don't you dare say, "in a French cemetary," Wayne! :)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Where will 'Jules Verne' be in relation to Endeavour's path into the station?Don't you dare say, "in a French cemetary," Wayne! :) <br />Posted by newsartist</DIV></p><p>1200&nbsp; miles away is the plan, not sure whether leading or trailing, though that may have changed with the thruster difficulties.</p><p>Heavens-Above is now covering the "around the world in 90 minutes" mission (under the heading "ATV"), looks like near shuttle orbiter brightness mag&nbsp;0 to +2 or so. We have passes coming up early next week</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

B

bobble_bob

Doesnt feel like there is a shuttle launch less than 12 hours away. Being in the UK, will see very little of the countdown (only pick it up from T-9 minutes and counting) and will see hardly anything of the mission live. Instead will be relying on MMT replays and Flightday highlights <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Doesnt feel like there is a shuttle launch less than 12 hours away. Being in the UK, will see very little of the countdown (only pick it up from T-9 minutes and counting) and will see hardly anything of the mission live. Instead will be relying on MMT replays and Flightday highlights <br />Posted by bobble_bob</DIV></p><p>T -6:00:00 and counting.</p><p>Time to fill the tanks!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Managed to 'tweak' my internet connection to the point of not having one the last 48 hours, so very pleased to make it back before T-0.&nbsp; This is going to be a nice early evening, prime-time launch for us in New Zealand this time round, so really looking forward to not having toothpicks proping the eyelids open for a change.</p><p>As is my custom now, just want to wish all our NASA/USA folks good luck for the upcoming launch and mission.&nbsp; SG, you'll probably be in blanket bay or at least thinking about heading into work for your shift on console, so I hope things are incident-free for you tonight as you help get this bird off the pad.</p><p>Talk to you all later, and Godspeed OV-105 Endeavour!</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

Z

Zipi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>T -6:00:00 and counting.Time to fill the tanks! <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV><br /><br />It is almost a time to go to sleep for me... Tomorrow I need to catch the train at 7:12 and now the clock is 23:37 at Finnish time (EET, eastern european time&nbsp;- /> GMT+2).</p><p>I will try to use GPRS connection to be able to watch the launch but the connection uses to switch back and forth to regular GSM to EDGE to GRPS and all way round while in train... So most probably I will miss the lauch.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p>At this point the ECO sensors should be wet....</p><p>T-5:05:00</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

C

centsworth_II

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>At this point the ECO sensors should be wet....T-5:05:00 <br /> Posted by meteorwayne</DIV>&nbsp;</p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really hope they <strong>all</strong> work!<br /></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

erioladastra

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>1200&nbsp; miles away is the plan, not sure whether leading or trailing, though that may have changed with the thruster difficulties.Heavens-Above is now covering the "around the world in 90 minutes" mission (under the heading "ATV"), looks like near shuttle orbiter brightness mag&nbsp;0 to +2 or so. We have passes coming up early next week <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Leading.<br /></p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p>Less than 5&nbsp;hours to launch.</p><p>Tanks full, stable replenish.</p><p>NASA TV Live coverage has begun...</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

moonmadness

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Less than 5&nbsp;hours to launch.Tanks full, stable replenish.NASA TV Live coverage has begun... <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>T-4.........HOURS :)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>T-4.........HOURS :) <br />Posted by moonmadness</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Actually that's L-4 hours :)</p><p>It's T-3:00 and counting, next stop is planned hold at T- 20:00</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

O

ozspace

<p>Good luck to the crew, NASA, contractors and international partners&nbsp;for a safe and successful flight!</p><p>I will be awatching with my 5, 3 and 1 year old kids, at 5:28PM here in Melbourne, Australia!<br /></p>

Z

Zipi

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Am I the only one here? <br />Posted by ozspace</DIV><br /><br />Nope, I'm here as well.... At least a few minutes until I have to catch the train. It's 6:24 in Finland and I'm hoping to see something of the launch at train. But let's see... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

ozspace

Cool! Something&nbsp;I haven't noticed before. After hatch closeure, they add black tiles over the hatch seals. Seems a quick application process, "peel and stck?" or "click on"?

S

SpaceKiwi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#ff0000">Am I the only one here?</font> <br /><strong>Posted by ozspace</strong></DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Here also, oz.&nbsp; Nice to have an agreeable time for launch for us for a change, eh?</p><p>Looks to be going by the book, in the last built-in hold now.&nbsp; I have a great feeling about this one, I think we'll be in business in 40 minutes or so.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

T

thor06

I'm here as well.&nbsp; Looking forward to a beautiful night launch.&nbsp; I hear the tank camera has a flash.&nbsp; ;)<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> <font color="#0000ff">                           www.watchnasatv.com</font></p><p>                          ONE PERCENT FOR NASA! </p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#ff0000">I'm here as well.&nbsp; Looking forward to a beautiful night launch.&nbsp; I hear the tank camera has a flash.&nbsp; ;) <br /></font><strong>Posted by thor06</strong></DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Yeah, I just heard Kyle Herring mention that as well.&nbsp; Sounds like something to watch out for at ET Sep.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

S

Swampcat

<p><font color="#993366">"Am I the only one here?"&nbsp;-- ozspace</font></p><p>Good morning !!</p><p>2:00 am here on the US East Coast. Yawn !</p><p>I usually get up about 4:00 am anyway, so thought I'd get up early to enjoy the show.</p><p>How are things on the other side of the planet?<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>"Am I the only one here?"&nbsp;-- ozspaceGood morning !!2:00 am here on the US East Coast. Yawn !I usually get up about 4:00 am anyway, so thought I'd get up early to enjoy the show.How are things on the other side of the planet? <br />Posted by swampcat</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The WayneMan is checkin' in.</p><p>I have to be quiet, since the pooter's in the bedroon, and so is sleeping Ann :)<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.