STS-123 (1 J/A) Mission thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derekmcd

I'm here, too.&nbsp; I wouldn't miss a night launch. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Never fear, Wayne, I will be making up for your lack of volume over here.&nbsp; I'll be putting the audio through the Sony home theatre&nbsp;amp, it's fair to say&nbsp;my whole street is about to be aware NASA is up to something in Florida tonight!</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

E

earth_bound_misfit

Hopefully this night launch might allow for some better sightings. The last few STS missions have had sightings all in the early am :( <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'm here, too.&nbsp; I wouldn't miss a night launch. <br />Posted by derekmcd</DIV><br />I was hoping it would be clear here so I could see it moving up the coast, but we're socked in.</p><p>Here in NJ we can see night launches from about T+6:30 to MECO.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hopefully this night launch might allow for some better sightings. The last few STS missions have had sightings all in the early am :( <br />Posted by earth_bound_misfit</DIV></p><p>All our passes are in the early AM, and none until after docking :(<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Two minutes to resumption of the count.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p>I was fortunate enough to be able to watch a launch live when I was in boot camp in Orlando back in 89.&nbsp; They pulled us out of the barracks and put us into formation to watch it.&nbsp; Unfortunately, the direction we could see it from was behind a building.</p><p>Nonetheless, still one of my fondest memories. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I was hoping it would be clear here so I could see it moving up the coast, but we're socked in.Here in NJ we can see night launches from about T+6:30 to MECO. <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>Just for fun I peeked outside, and there are stars visible; so shoes are on, and binovs around my neck!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

moonmadness

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Just for fun I peeked outside, and there are stars visible; so shoes are on, and binovs around my neck! <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV><br /><br />looking good so far</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

S

Swampcat

<p>MW,</p><p>I'm a bit south of you (southeast VA). It's overcast here. Sigh.</p><p>No stars, nothing. Oh well.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>MW,I'm a bit south of you (southeast VA). It's overcast here. Sigh.No stars, nothing. Oh well. <br />Posted by swampcat</DIV></p><p>CNN is covering live at this time</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>CNN is covering live at this time <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>MSNBC has picked it up<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>MSNBC has picked it up <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>Bye Bye Beanie Cap, Fox is on board now, too</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

moonmadness

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>looking good so far&nbsp; <br />Posted by moonmadness</DIV><br /><br />beanie removal <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

S

Swampcat

There she goes !! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Bye Bye Beanie Cap, Fox is on board now, too <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong><font size="6" color="#ff0000">LIFTOFF!!</font></strong><br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

Swampcat

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;LIFTOFF!! <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV><br /><br />SRB separation. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p>I'll say it again...</p><p><font size="3"><strong>That never gets old!&nbsp;</strong></font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Still amazing even after nearly 30 years.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Night launches don't make for great video from the ET camera.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

S

Swampcat

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>SRB separation. <br />Posted by swampcat</DIV><br /><br />MECO. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

S

Swampcat

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>MECO. <br />Posted by swampcat</DIV><br /><br />ET Sep. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

B

bobble_bob

That was my first (live) night launch :) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

brellis

<p>I've got my <font color="#339966"><strong>Green Tea</strong></font>, and my <strong><font color="#0000ff">NASA</font></strong>-<strong><font color="#ff0000">TV</font></strong>!</p><p>omg, the flash cam on the tank is way cool&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#ff0000"><em><strong>I'm a recovering optimist - things could be better.</strong></em></font> </p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Did you guys catch that communication about an RCS error message early into the ascent?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

B

bobble_bob

What was the RCS issue they were talking about? i missed the countdown so had something happened during that <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts