STS-123 (1 J/A) Mission thread

Page 8 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpaceKiwi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#3366ff">Where is everybody? Where's Shuttle_Guy?</font> <br /><strong>Posted by juliemac</strong></DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I'm reluctant to generalise, but I get the impression that a good number of regular Users are posting minimally while they wait to see what Admin has in store in the way of software improvements.</p><p>I'm personally hoping SG is one of those.&nbsp; His contributions from&nbsp;'inside the tent' are basically unrivalled.&nbsp; Of course, he may have been fairly busy with getting '123 off the ground as well.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK&nbsp;<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

E

earth_bound_misfit

<p>[<font color="#0000ff">QUOTE]&nbsp;I'm reluctant to generalise, but I get the impression that a good number of regular Users are posting minimally while they wait to see what Admin has in store in the way of software improvements.</DIV></font></p><p>Yes, I am :/</p><p><font color="#0000ff"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'm personally hoping SG is one of those.&nbsp; His contributions from&nbsp;'inside the tent' are basically unrivalled.&nbsp; Of course, he may have been fairly busy with getting '123 off the ground as well.&nbsp;SK&nbsp; <br /> Posted by SpaceKiwi</font> </p><p>&nbsp;Yes to that as well. I'm really hoping he's just to busy to get back.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Good news on the sightings front though, I've got veiws every night this week, yahoo!&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

B

bobble_bob

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;I'm reluctant to generalise, but I get the impression that a good number of regular Users are posting minimally while they wait to see what Admin has in store in the way of software improvements.I'm personally hoping SG is one of those.&nbsp; His contributions from&nbsp;'inside the tent' are basically unrivalled.&nbsp; Of course, he may have been fairly busy with getting '123 off the ground as well.&nbsp;SK&nbsp; <br />Posted by SpaceKiwi</DIV></p><p>The forum really is poor at the moment. Its such a basic forum we cant even use smileys. I use many other forums and all these offer more features and ease of use<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

juliemac

<p>12 hours later still no posts?</p><p>Sorry guys, looks like you killed yourselves<br /></p>

H

Huntster

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>12 hours later still no posts?Sorry guys, looks like you killed yourselves <br /> Posted by juliemac</DIV></p><p>Couldn't agree more.&nbsp; We'll see if any fixes come around, but I'm prepared to call this venture "Failed".</p><p>As to the mission at hand, I hate not getting to watch much of what goes on.&nbsp; Working midnights means I'm going to sleep around the time the astronauts are waking up.&nbsp; Still, the Flight Day Highlights are a nice feature for folks like me. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

spacemozart

<p>I have been absolutely stunned at the lack of posting about this mission. I don't ever post because I normally just read what others are saying. It was actually kindof difficult to keep up with threads due to the amount of information in them.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>That has certainly changed since the switch over.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#3366ff">Still, the Flight Day Highlights are a nice feature for folks like me.</font> <br /><strong>Posted by Huntster</strong></DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Yes, Flight Day Highlights were a godsend for me on the '122 mission.&nbsp; I'd be able to watch those when I got home from work, then see Shannon and the crew wake-up just before I headed to bed.&nbsp; Fortunately this mission seems a little more friendly for live viewing from a down-under perspective.</p><p>I heard that they appear to have a fix for the vernier jets and have either implemented it, or are going to.&nbsp; As I understand it they are looking to bring one of six vernier's back online, though it is not mission-critical if they don't get it working again.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

H

halcyondays

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I have been absolutely stunned at the lack of posting about this mission. I don't ever post because I normally just read what others are saying. It was actually kindof difficult to keep up with threads due to the amount of information in them.&nbsp;That has certainly changed since the switch over.&nbsp; <br />Posted by spacemozart</DIV><br />Me too.&nbsp; It's been an unmitigated disaster.&nbsp; They shut down this place for a week, in fact it became 10 days, and then nothing has happened within a week.&nbsp; This is not rocket science - so to speak, if I can say that on this forum.&nbsp;

J

JonClarke

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Me too.&nbsp; It's been an unmitigated disaster.&nbsp; They shut down this place for a week, in fact it became 10 days, and then nothing has happened within a week.&nbsp; This is not rocket science - so to speak, if I can say that on this forum.&nbsp; <br />Posted by halcyondays</DIV></p><p>there are appropirate threads in appropirate fora to complain about this.&nbsp; This is not one of them.&nbsp; Pleae keep this thread to STS-123 related subjects.</p><p>if you don't like the number of posts, how about you contribute to them, rather than waiting for others to do so?</p><p>Jon<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>The TI Burn is about five&nbsp;minutes away.&nbsp; All looking good on Endeavour, heading towards NZ in it's orbit right now.&nbsp; Docking is about two hours away.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Good burn reported from the left OMS engine, no additional trim required.&nbsp; ISS can throw out the welcome mat, they have seven guests on the way.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

E

erioladastra

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I have been absolutely stunned at the lack of posting about this mission. I don't ever post because I normally just read what others are saying. It was actually kindof difficult to keep up with threads due to the amount of information in them.&nbsp;That has certainly changed since the switch over.&nbsp; <br />Posted by spacemozart</DIV><br /><br />Wel nothing has really happened.&nbsp; Everything going real smooth.&nbsp; They got a software patch to fix the thruster issue.&nbsp; Nothing else really to talk about.&nbsp; Docking coming up here soon...</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p>Comms have been established between ISS and Endeavour on the "Big Loop", docking about an hour away now.&nbsp; Everything nominal at this point.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

A

arkady

<p>Backflip manouver complete. Go for docking.</p><p>Absolutely stunning footage on Nasa TV. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> "<font color="#0000ff"><em>The choice is the Universe, or nothing</em> ... </font>" - H.G Wells </div>

T

Testing

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Wel nothing has really happened.&nbsp; Everything going real smooth.&nbsp; They got a software patch to fix the thruster issue.&nbsp; Nothing else really to talk about.&nbsp; Docking coming up here soon...&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by erioladastra</DIV><br />Nothing has realy happened? Mr. SG does not post to a live Mission and that is not significant! I know better. It is my hope that we do not loose you as a provider for clarification and information.</p><p>Best Regards, </p><p>Testing&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

girlfriday

<p>HI i'm new here</p><p>Its great to find people as excited as I am about these missions!</p><p>My favorite part is when the hatch opens and everyone gets a big hug from Peggy</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

Testing

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>HI i'm new hereIts great to find people as excited as I am about these missions!My favorite part is when the hatch opens and everyone gets a big hug from Peggy <br />Posted by girlfriday</DIV><br /><br />Welcome, docking with ISS is moments away. I'm just pissed.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

girlfriday

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Welcome, docking with ISS is moments away. I'm just pissed.&nbsp; <br />Posted by testing</DIV><br /><br />Why? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

girlfriday

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Welcome, docking with ISS is moments away. I'm just pissed.&nbsp; <br />Posted by testing</DIV><br /><br />oh i see you are all missing the shuttle guy who is mia during this poignant moment</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>but you have to admit now that the iss is so big they are really getting some nice views of the docking!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

Testing

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Why? <br />Posted by girlfriday</DIV><br /><br />A long time contributor and friend has declined to rejoin the board as a NEW Member since the software change of two weeks ago. The&nbsp; contribution of this person will be sorely missed.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Testing</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

girlfriday

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>A long time contributor and friend has declined to rejoin the board as a NEW Member since the software change of two weeks ago. The&nbsp; contribution of this person will be sorely missed.&nbsp;Best regards,Testing <br />Posted by testing</DIV><br /><br />testing,</p><p>he'll get over it and come back ...who can resist the lure of communing with like minded individuals?</p><p>gf</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

moonmadness

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>testing,he'll get over it and come back ...who can resist the lure of communing with like minded individuals?gf <br />Posted by girlfriday</DIV><br /><br />CONTACT! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

T

Testing

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>testing,he'll get over it and come back ...who can resist the lure of communing with like minded individuals?gf <br />Posted by girlfriday</DIV></p><p>Docked. We are approaching off topic commentary and are subject to moderaration. Reply thru the friends button on your private home page please.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

juliemac

<p>Station to Shuttle power connection has been made. </p><p>Man this mission really is off my daily schedule, Everthing happens when I am asleep&nbsp;&nbsp; :)</p><br />

E

earth_bound_misfit

<p><font color="#333399"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>A long time contributor and friend has declined to rejoin the board as a NEW Member since the software change of two weeks ago. The&nbsp; contribution of this person will be sorely missed.&nbsp;Best regards,Testing <br /> Posted by testing</DIV></font></p><p>That really is bad news. He's sorely missed.</p><p>One good thing is this STS mission is going sweetly though.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts